2 years A.D. II

I hiked the Willow Creek Reservoir with Sunny the Wonderdog and listened to the Shannon Blog playlist.  It was cold and blustery but it felt good to be out in nature.

The migrating birds don't seem to know what the heck is going on as winter will not let go.  The waterfowl and prairie birds are out in flocks but appear a bit confused.  Mergansers, Wood Ducks, Mallards, Canadian Geese and Robins, Cardinals, Chickadees, Blue Jays and Bluebirds are out in force and in search of spring.

Impossible not to reflect on the cold and blustery April 15 of 2011 when Shannon's tumor was discovered.  The day the music changed.  Jason Mraz and Coldplay and Sheryl Crow songs brought back a flood of memories.  I recall hiking to these same songs and wondering what life will be like in our world when Shannon is gone.

The answer is that we are surviving and most days we are thriving and some days suck.  And I'm confident that will never change.  Shannon made us better just like Erin and Jen make me better.  I am grateful.

The song that worked for me today was a Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell collaboration, What You Gave Me;

Like a breath of spring you came/
And as you leave I can only sigh your name/
Cries of anguish echo from way down/
But will never reach my lips to make a sound/
Though it seems my world is crumbling/
Honey you don't owe me anything/ Cause
What you gave me is more than enough to last