Wednesday June 11, 2014

As I drove home last night, the full moon was shining brightly.  When the moon lights up the sky, it always makes me think of Shannon and her final days.

I have had some Shannon moments lately.

Yesterday at the Athletic Club, I passed a girl wearing a Shannon shirt.  She looked up at me and smiled.  I have no idea who she is, but we connected anyway.

I've been working on the upcoming golf tournament this week, so that brings lots of thoughts of Shannon as people generously donate to the event.  Things are shaping up to make it a great event.  Shannon still brings out the best in people.

We received a note this week that one of the Post Bulletin teen columnists wrote about Shannon.  It's in today's paper.  It's beautiful.

But, my biggest Shannon moment of all happened yesterday.

A couple of weeks ago, I cleaned out our garage.  I needed to get all of our golf stuff organized now that we have three serious golfers in our house.  (Erin is obsessed, by the way.  She played 30 holes this past weekend, and she's set up for a lesson tomorrow!)

While cleaning out what is now our golf paraphernalia space, I came across Shannon's roller blades.  What to do with those... So, I stuck them in the basement, hoping I could find someone who would use them.

Then, yesterday on Facebook, a friend posts this:

Roch peeps:  I need used roller blades.  (Well, *I* don't need them, but a couple daredevils at my house do!)  Do you have any in your garage?

Is that a sign or what?

So, Shannon's blades went to a happy home.  Just a few hours later, my friend posted a follow up note:  her daughter was zipping up and down the sidewalk on her "new" blades.

Perfect.  Shannon would be happy.