Sunday February 26, 2017

It's been a good weekend to be home! More than a foot of snow fell between Thursday night and Friday, prompting a snow day... it was 60 degrees on Tuesday and the grass was turning green. Now, golf season just got a little bit further away...

Erin and her besties use snow days for sleepovers... We love her friends and they love us back. We talk school, boys, college, life, you name it... And, Erin does the same with their parents. So healthy and supportive. What more could you ask for? I'll take all the eyes and ears and hearts and minds lifting these kids up.

We're fortunate that Erin's besties have parents who have become our besties, too. We broke our cabin fever by heading out for dinner and drinks last night. It's good to have friends...

February ends this week and it will be a busy one. The junior class takes the ACT test in school this week. Pressure for these kids as they prepare for the next step. So exciting and nerve wracking to think about going away to college. And not just for me, but for Erin too :)

This process of narrowing things down - How big a school? How big a city? What kind of major? And on and on... Erin's senior friends are down to crunch time and we are following along closely, learning from those who go before us...

Next weekend will again be filled with volleyball - this time we are off to the Wisconsin Dells for a three day tournament. Dan will be along this time and I'm excited for him to get to see Erin play.

So, we keep chugging along. Life is good and we've got fun stuff ahead in March and April: travels, volleyball, girlfriend getaway, golf trip for Dan, spring break, golf season...

Time goes quickly and I want to be prepared for what's ahead but also remember to enjoy the here and now. That's my constant struggle... not unique to me, I know...

So, I'm off to enjoy this day with the people I love...I  hope you can do the same...