Sunday October 13, 2013

Ahh, Sunday.  A day of rest is always welcome.  Dan's chili is simmering on the stove and we are settling in to watch a few hours of football.

It's just a three day week ahead for Erin and it will also bring the end of the fall volleyball season for her.  One more match on Tuesday night, and that's that.  It's been a great one and Erin is looking forward to playing club volleyball this winter.

Erin has decided not to play basketball this year.  She is relieved to not have to commit so much time to an activity where she didn't get many opportunities to play.  Volleyball and golf will suffice.

I've been keeping busy, including driving to the cities each week for a writing class.  It's been engaging for me to meet new people and try to develop my writing skills.  I'm still not sure where I'm headed or what exactly I want to do, but at least I am doing something.  And, I get to go hang out in Minneapolis once a week and pretend I'm an artist.

Dan has been getting in the last licks on the golf course for the season in between his busy travel weeks.  Michigan has been requiring his attention about once a month, and that involves air travel.  The next couple weeks he will stay on the ground, traveling to North Dakota and Wisconsin.  Nothing but glamour out there on the road.

So, we are heading into the late fall/winter without much on the calendar.  That's OK.  I think.