Friday May 1, 2015

It's funny how things work out sometimes. I hoped for a chance to write and use my skills in some meaningful way. And now, that opportunity is presenting itself.

The work I began a couple of months ago with the Mayo Clinic News Network is expanding. As I have proven myself to them, they have given me more tasks and more opportunities to write. It's really wonderful.

But, be careful what you wish for - doubling my workload has left me no time to do online jigsaw puzzles or play Candy Crush Saga... I jest, but my head has been spinning this week and I've been consumed with getting up to speed with the job.

It's not lost on me that Mayo Clinic has become a big part of my life, again, but now in a positive way. Who woulda thunk it? I hope Shannon is smiling about that.

I truly want to have it all - time with family, time for work, time with friends, and still have a little bit left over for some Jen time. This week I wasn't so successful at that - I spent 4 hours working last night instead of hanging out with Erin - but I'll get into a rhythm soon.

Erin will have plenty of momma time as she and I are headed for a volleyball tournament in the Twin Cities this weekend.

Life continues to evolve. I guess that's what we all want. To move forward, to look for opportunities and be willing to try something new. I'm feeling grateful today.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." - Lao Tzu