Saturday July 9, 2016

I am happy to report that our week has improved. The water line is fixed, the giant hole in our yard is covered up, all the wet carpet and pad is gone, and fans are blowing to dry up at the basement...


New carpet is ordered, landscaper is next, and the insurance adjuster is scheduled to come out... cross your fingers...

So, this weekend we all get to take a break from things. Dan is playing in the member-guest golf tournament at Owatonna Country Club. He was a member there many years ago when Shannon was a baby... fun for him to be back with the boys.

Erin is off with her friends Lexie and Liz at Lexie's cabin... fishing, swimming, skiing and laughing...


And since we're in a holding pattern at home, Sunny and I could make the trip to northern Wisconsin to see my parents at their lake place. I haven't seen my mom since our cruise in April, so it's good to connect again. This view is better than looking at my torn-apart basement...


And, Sunny and Papa are happy to be together again...


So, after a rough week, a little R & R for each of us is just what the doctor ordered.