Thursday September 20, 2012

I wanted to put a quick reminder out here about the Brains Together For A Cure walk that's coming up on October 6th.  Dan will be speaking this year and we'd love to have a big representation wearing Shannon shirts in her memory.  So, if you can join us for the walk and talk, register here:


If you register by tomorrow (9/21) the cost is $20.  After that, registration will be $25 and you can register right up until the morning of the walk.

Days are whizzing by here... Dan is traveling and working, Erin is schooling and volleyballing...

I've begun to teach a little tennis again and it feels pretty good.  I got big hugs this week from some middle school girls who I hadn't seen since I quit teaching when we left for Memphis in December.  They were glad to see me back and the look on their faces warmed my soul.

Lots of stuff happening on the book, but it's all behind the scenes work right now.  Nothing you all can see yet, but it's coming, I promise!  Publication is set for spring of 2013.  

I had a meeting this week to talk about marketing and publicity and events where we can sell the book and share our story.  It's exciting stuff and it's hard to be patient, but I had no idea how many steps there are to getting a story out there into the marketplace.  I'm hoping that 2013 will be a very interesting year for us.  Also, I promised my publishers that everyone who is a blog follower will buy a book, so I'm expecting all of you to come through for me!

Fall is definitely in the air.  Cold mornings are a sign of what's ahead.  But, the sun is up and the temperature is rising, so Sunny and I are off to the reservoir because we need to just enjoy the here and now.  I need to constantly remind myself not to worry about what's ahead, because, as I should know by now, the future in unknown.  Maybe I'm a slow learner, but I'm trying.  So, I'm making a conscious effort to enjoy today...