Thursday February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day.  My day has included a massage and new glasses.  Sounds like a good deal, but I'm not happy about either.

You see, the massage was in the Lymphedema Clinic, and the new glasses are bifocals.  It's OK, you can laugh...

My radiation treatments are moving right along, but swelling has become an issue, so they sent me to therapy to get some help with compression and massage.  Not the most relaxing massage I've ever had, that's for sure.  But, the hope is it will offer some relief and help me manage through the end of my treatment and during the post radiation recovery.

As for the bifocals, those are a side effect of another problem I have - I'm getting old...

Now, today hasn't been all bad.  I was awakened by the sound of Erin banging around in the kitchen at 6:00 am.  Usually I have to rouse her out of bed at 6:45 each morning, but she was awake and obviously up to something.  I heard pots and pans banging around, and 15 minutes later she arrived at my bedside with a cup of coffee and an egg on toast cut in a heart shape.  "Happy Valentine's Day, Mom."

That girl loves Pintrest.  And apparently, she loves her mom, too.

The day is only going to get better from here.  Dan is on his way home from Wisconsin and tonight we are off to Graham Arena for "Shoot for Shannon" Night and the presentation of our scholarship winners.

No place Dan and I would rather be this Valentine's Day...