Wednesday April 15, 2015



Four years ago today, we were told that Shannon would die from a brain tumor. April 15th is the day everything changed for our family.  Diagnosis day is making my heart ache this morning.

Shannon taught us much during her nine month journey. Grace, courage, determination, perspective... We continue to live with those lessons in mind.

Thanks to Shannon, we have deeper, more meaningful relationships with family and friends. We have gained the ability to cut ourselves some slack, accept our short comings, and pay attention to what's really important in this precious life.

Shannon continues to inspire me to be a better person, to make my life count, to improve the world in some small way while I am here. I know she has done the same for countless others.

Thank you to all who have walked and continue to walk this path with us.