Happy New Year

2017 is here. I love the landmarks of time like this. The closure of one year and the possibilities of the year ahead. Each passing year makes us recollect where we have been and where we hope to go next...

2016 saw a big change for me in that I became a full time employee of the Mayo Clinic. My role on the News and News Delivery team is a perfect fit. I get to write, research and organize - three of my best skills. I am so grateful to find a job I love at the age of 47. I hope it continues for years to come.

Dan had another successful year working for the same company, EFS, now owned by WEX. This coming summer will mark 10 years with this organization. He's not near the end and his days on the road continue, but retirement can at least be a part of the discussion now :)

Erin, of course, accomplished the most in this past year. She's a junior in high school and busy every day and night is seems. School, friends, volleyball, golf, student govt... she was elected to the National Honor Society this year as well.

I anticipate Erin will also be busy in the year ahead. 2017 will bring her 16th birthday and the long awaited driver's license. 2017 also will bring the beginning of the college journey - explorations, applications and acceptances (hopefully!). It is so exciting and a little bit scary...

Dan and I hope 2017 brings good health and time to enjoy life. We are so fortunate to have family and friends who make life a little bit easier.

We count anniversaries in multiples of 5, and a big one is looming for us on January 6. It's still unimaginable the Shannon has been gone for 5 years. I wasn't sure how we'd live without her, but here we are, 5 years down the road.

2017 is a year of potential for the Shannon O'Hara Foundation. Our first scholarship recipients will graduate from college this spring. We will hit the $20,000 mark in scholarships we've awarded. We have a goal of reaching $150,000 total raised by the foundation in the 5 years since Shannon passed...

Amazing, humbling, rewarding...

Happy New Year to all. May 2017 bring love, friendship, health... and time to enjoy them!