Wednesday January 11, 2017

We have survived another one of those dates on the calendar that looms so large in our memories...  the anniversaries of Shannon's death and funeral have passed.

We survived because Dan, Erin and I are a team. We survived because there are amazing people in our lives who love us on our good days and our bad. We survived because Shannon wanted us to...

Erin had a few Shannon coincidences last week. Her new volleyball team handed out their jerseys. They choose numbers by going down the roster alphabetically... you guessed it. Erin is 9th in alphabetical order and will wear #9 this season...

Erin has also been working on a project for her Econ class, highlighting a business, their finances and activities. She did the Shannon O'Hara Foundation since she sits on our board... she presented her project on January 6th. Uff da...

So now we go on with the rest of our lives again...

I managed a weekend overnight to my friend's cabin with a group of tennis friends. I probably shouldn't just refer to them as tennis friends... they are so much more than that... we drank coffee, wine and Moscow Mules as we talked about husbands, children and grandchildren... we talked about the things we love about them and the things that drive us crazy... it's good to vent once in a while!

The older I get, the more I value these people in my life who see me for who I am, warts and all... I hope these women are a part of my life forever...

Dan had to head back out on the road this week after 3 weeks at home over the holidays. I'm not saying Erin and I are happy about that... I'm just saying... well... it's good to be back in the routine :)

Today at my division meeting at work, I am "In the Spotlight". That means my supervisor shares a little bit about me with my colleagues so they can get to know me. I had to choose family photos and such to share... damn... I included Shannon because, well, she is still a part of my family... I have(had) two daughters and I can't let a room of co-workers think otherwise...

I think about this for Erin as she goes forward in life. Her world is getting bigger every day and she meets new people more often than Dan and me. College looms not far down the road. How will she choose to share her story? Time will tell...

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." - Søren Kierkergaard