Monday January 21, 2013

As I write, Erin and her friend Emily are spending this MLK Day afternoon studying for their upcoming tests this week.  Although, judging from the amount of giggling going on, I'm not sure how productive this study session is!

But, it's good to hear Erin giggle.  She really has such good friends and teammates.  Those basketball teammates are showing how much they care about Smiley by sporting some new colors.  Each girl on the 7th grade Spartan squad is now wearing one green sock and shoelace in memory of Shannon, and one pink sock and shoelace in support of me.

I begin my radiation treatments today, and the six weeks of treatment will take us right through the basketball season.  I will finish treatment on March 1st, and our basketball team will finish it's season at the youth state tournament on March 2nd & 3rd.

These girls and their families have been there with Erin, and us, through all of it.  We can feel the love, and now we have a colorful reminder of their support.