Sunday August 4, 2013

For those of you that tell us that they can instantly tell who is blogging by the writing style, guess who?

We are back in Rochester resting and recovering from vacation and it's great to be home.  I always can't wait to leave and can't wait to get home.  I am blessed with a can't wait life.  I think that is a good thing.

I just can't seem to escape my sadness and memories this week.  It's probably a time of year thing that I will have to get used to.  I was on the golf course with friends yesterday and it was gorgeous; cloudless, windless...just about perfect.  It just seems that in moments of gratitude for the beauty around me it's impossible to clear thoughts of Shannon.

Maybe it's going to the lake.  Maybe it's extra time to relax and reflect.  But Shannon has been everywhere for me these days.

Amazingly, a bald eagle soared directly over our heads when we were gathered around Shannon's rock. Not once - but twice when we were just chillin' near the rock.  And not just a fly over but a pronounced circle directly over us.  The wildlife was sensational this week including our constant companions - the loons (and their complex behaviors).  We heard owls and saw an osprey fishing in the bay.  Perhaps I just need to accept that those are signs from our girl.
This is how I roll 
I have been immersed in professional opportunities recently.  I am blessed.  So Monday I will shift back into that mode.  Heading back to a lake - Lake Darling in Alexandria for a conference with the Minnesota Trucking Association.  Undoubtedly there will be more beauty in sunsets and nature. And anytime there is beauty, I see Shannon.