Thursday September 10, 2015

Today is our 21st wedding anniversary. Time has added pounds and wrinkles for both of us,  but I still celebrate being together with my guy.


With life being busy, it almost slipped our minds. First week of school, work obligations, etc. make the days fly by. Dan sent me a text from his hotel last night saying "I almost forgot - tomorrow's our anniversary. Do you want to go on a date... to a volleyball game?" Of course I do.

Life gets in the way sometimes and we forget what really matters. Having someone to love and to be loved by that someone makes life richer. Lord knows, Dan and I have been through some tough stuff together... and we are still together. We're both better people because of it. I'm proud of that.

I like this piece titled Marriage Box. Sums it up pretty well...