Give To The Max Day - Thursday November 12, 2015

I am feeling much gratitude as I wake this morning. It's been a week of Shannon connections, speaking to the high school hockey teams and handing out scholarship applications. So poignant for us this year as these seniors are Shannon's classmates.

We have received some great feedback from kids and parents about the new Rochester Youth Hockey jerseys. RYHA incorporated the SOF logo into their design this year. We hope that kids will wear them with pride and skate with joy, just like Shannon.

I am grateful for this blog, this opportunity to reach people and share our story. I've been thinking (again) about what the end game is. But, as I get further and further down this grief journey, I realize I will always have something to say. It doesn't end.

I received a card in the mail this week. Someone who has followed our journey, and continues to connect with these words that I write. That's such a gift - a gift from Shannon - to be able to connect with people. Maybe this isn't just a grief journal, but a life journal.

I am grateful I get to go watch Erin and her teammates at the state tournament today. Dan was suppose to arrive home last night, but his flight from Grand Rapids, MI to Chicago got delayed, then canceled. So, plan B involved renting a car, driving to Chicago, spending the night and then getting on the first flight to Minneapolis this morning. I will pick him up there are we will make it to the Excel Center in plenty of time for the game. Cross your fingers...

Today is Give To The Max Day in Minnesota. A one day fundraiser for non-profits and schools around the state. If you or your employer are giving today, we'd sure appreciate a donation to the Shannon O'Hara Foundation. We carry on her spirit and we couldn't do it without you.

To make a donation, visit our page at givemn.org.