Happy Thanksgiving

As usual, holidays make me introspective. Loss will do that to you. There is always a missing piece for us when we give thanks for all we have. We miss Shannon dearly and that hasn't changed or lessened in time.

But, time has shown us that you can heal and go forward without leaving behind the missing piece. Shannon is incorporated into our daily living and Dan, Erin and I each carry her with us in all that we do.

We have wonderful family and friends in our lives and we are doing our best to continue to grow and love and live.

That's what I'm feeling on this Thanksgiving Day.

I am thankful for each of you who are reading this blog. It means you have crossed paths with us or our story and you care enough to read what I write.

Hug your loved ones today, everybody. It is a day to hold close what matters to you.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!