Thursday November 3, 2016

I'm a little groggy this morning as I did make it up to see the end of game 7 of the World Series last night. What sports drama... I found myself, like much of America, rooting for the Cubs. I'm all for an end to long-time suffering!

Yesterday was a good day on Willow Lane. The house is filled with laughter in the afternoon as Erin's friends came home with her after school. They raided the pantry and fridge - Cheez Its, Pringles, apples, croissants and pretzels. I love hearing their chatter. It's amazing the things you can learn if you just sit and listen... Oh, I am going to miss that when Erin is gone...

With volleyball season ending, Erin has had more time on her hands. She has been busy with volunteer hours - some for student government, some for National Honor Society, the things that just don't get done during the volleyball season.

Yesterday was also my parents first day in their new home with their furniture. They are officially Minnesota residents again. It is nice to have them close by and we've been able to see them quite a bit over the past month as they tackled the renovation and moving process. I know they are happy to be back... we'll see how they feel when the snow flies...

Speaking of parents, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my father-in-law's birthday this past Saturday. Eddie O is 93... wow...

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed by the speed at which time is passing these days. Erin is a 1/4 of the way through her junior year. We had a legitimate college discussion this week. My parents are back in MN. Thanksgiving is just three weeks away. Shannon Cup hockey tournaments kick off next weekend. I've been to a funeral, had a colleague become a father for the first time, and have a friend who is caring for her husband at the end of his life...

So many reminders that life will continue to happen. The good, the bad, the ugly, the moments fill with grace. Every now and then I need a reset to remember to enjoy the present.

For today, I will enjoy what's right here, right now.

"We spend precious hours fearing the inevitable. It would be wise to use that time adoring our families, cherishing our friends and living our lives." - Maya Angelou