Easter Morning

Shannon is up and at 'em early again today. We had a good night last night. Erin went to her friend Emily's to die Easter eggs and giggle. Shannon went to the rink to play hockey. For the first time since her diagnosis, she was just there to skate and play. Everybody knows now, so there's nothing new to say until something changes. And she scored. Backhand, 5 hole ...

Dinner at John Hardy's Barbecue, then home to lie on the couch and watch the Bruins/Canadiens game. Same as it ever was.

Everyone slept hard. OK, everyone except me. I realized late last night that for the first time since I became a mother, I didn't prepare Easter baskets for my girls. The Easter Bunny gagged. But, as my friend told me on the phone last night, I better cut myself some slack on that one. So I will.

Happy Easter everyone.