Tuesday October 16, 2012

Things seem to be moving fast around here, but it's a good kind of busy.  We are making progress on things that matter to us.  Here's a quick rundown:

Tonight brings us to the end of the 9th grade volleyball season with the last home match against Winona.  Erin had a two hour practice yesterday and still came home wanting to spend more time practicing in the driveway while she waited for dinner to be ready.  I think it's safe to say, she loves volleyball.

We received our incorporation papers in the mail, so the Shannon O'Hara Foundation, Inc. is officially underway.  Applying and receiving non-profit status is quite a process, but that's the next step.  We would like to create a distribution list for those who are interested in receiving updates on the foundation.  If you'd like to be added to the list, log onto the foundation website - shannonoharafoundation.org  - and click on the "Join our e-mail list" tab.  We will keep you updated on fundraising and upcoming events.

I turned in my final edits on the book today.  That's means I have to be done obsessing about my words and sentences.  Easier said than done for this rookie...  I do feel like it is really taking shape and the marketing efforts have begun.  I sometimes still can't believe this book is going to become a reality, but we're on target for publication this spring.  

So those are the things that have been been occupying my time and it does feel like I'm doing what I'm suppose to be doing, and that feels good.

Dan and I attend Will Canan's funeral yesterday.  Of course I was thinking of my sweet Shannon as I sat there honoring Will's life.  Attending the funeral of another child reminded us again that life is so fragile, so precious.  I wish for peace for the Canans as they walk the road that is ahead.  With awareness of what's around us and gratitude for all that we have, we carry on.