Monday February 10, 2014

I know I sound like a broken record, but it was -11 when I drove Erin to school this morning.  Really?  I asked Dan if I'm allowed to retire and move south even if I don't have a job... (By the way, I'm working on that.  Still hopeful for an opportunity to use my skills...)

For now, we have no choice around here but to continue to bundle up and get through the days.  The weekend was busy -  catching up on work for Dan, volleyball and homework for Erin, tennis, laundry and taxi service for me.  Everything that needed doing got done, and we are ready for the week ahead.

At least this week provides the prospect of getting out of town for a few days.  Dan and I are working on a last minute get away possibility.  Miss Erin already has travel plans that are set in stone - Friday she will head to LA to visit her friend, Ariana, who is a freshman at USC.  Dan and my only concern is that Erin won't want to come home and will convince someone that she should be admitted to the university immediately!

Erin is quite excited to see Ariana - her big sister from another mother - and experience another college campus.  This one just happens to be located in close proximity to the beach and Disneyland.  When in Rome...

But, it's only Monday.  There is work to be done.  Time to get moving...