Valentine's Day

Operation Escape Winter is in full swing.  Erin and her "second momma" headed to California this afternoon and Erin has now been reunited with her buddy Ariana - and Tommie Trojan - on the USC campus.


Erin told me very politely this week that she was excited to be going somewhere without me.  She said "We spend A LOT of time together!"  True enough.

As for Dan and I ... it's been a little work getting here, but we are on our way to Vegas.  Dan actually bought the tickets last minute - as in today!  I returned home from my MSP drop off to find out that we were really going.  It's been an on again off again thing all week, and I went to bed last night feeling sorry for myself because it didn't look like it would happen.    

Now, we had to drive 3 1/2 hours to Sioux Falls to catch an Allegiant Flight, but after this winter, we'd do anything to know what 78 degrees feels like.  So, after having a nice dinner at Minerva's in downtown Sioux Falls, I am writing this blog from the airport and I am fairly confident that we will be in Vegas later tonight. 

I told Dan this might be our best Valentine's Day ever.  He told me he'd do anything to make me happy :)  Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.