Tuesday March 11, 2014

I just finished playing tennis with my girlfriends this morning.  It always makes me feel good.  Not just the physical activity, but the camaraderie. We run around and chase a little yellow ball...and we laugh.

Too often in this world we are looking for reasons to chop each other down.  Especially women.  We can be mean and envious and catty.

For someone like me, there's just no room for that in my life.  And, the people who are in my life know that.  They have shown me there best sides.  My girlfriends know what I have been through, and they are always looking to lift me up, not put me down.

I wish we could all remember that everyone has a past.  Everyone will meet hardship or pain or loss.  We should all receive the benefit of the doubt.  We should all be looking to lift each other up.

That's my soapbox moment for today.  Not that you asked for my opinion, but I guess today I am giving it free of charge!

Practice kindness.

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson