Sunday March 2, 2014

Yes, March is here... that's progress even if the temp outside doesn't feel like it...

We made progress on other fronts this week including meeting with a banker to work on a potential re-financing of our house.  We're hoping to go to a 15 year mortgage.  Dan would be 65 then and I told him if our house was paid off, I'd let him retire.  He didn't think that was funny.

So, despite the temps outside, we are feeling positive around here.  Erin is enjoying her last free weekend for quite some time.  The next three weekends involve volleyball tournaments and the end of March will bring her much anticipated 8th grade Spring Break trip to Washington DC/Philadelphia/NYC.  Much to look forward to for Miss E.

Dan's been so incredibly busy in his professional life.  This is a good problem to have, but it's still a problem when there's more work to do than hours in the day.  That's why he is sitting across the table from me on this Sunday morning, working on follow up from last week.

For me, progress was made in the form of getting a job!  Sort of -  I've been hired by a consulting firm to assist in the re-design of a website for a department at the Mayo Clinic.   Ultimately, I will be doing some editing/writing of the content for the site as well as looking at the overall layout and what makes the most sense for usability.

I'm excited and anxious to get started, but it's a bit of hurry up and wait.  I have to get approval to access the site, and the World Famous Mayo Clinic sometimes moves at a snail's pace.  I am trying my best to be patient.

This is just one project and it will probably only take about a month.  But, my hope is that this is just the beginning of these type of opportunities.  You only need to take one look at my Candy Crush progress - I am on level 430 - to know that I need to start doing something more productive with my time!

So, hopefully this week brings me an opportunity to put my skills, and my brain to use.  Now that would be progress...