Thursday April 12, 2012

Another week is flying by. In some ways it's the last week before the calendar turns over for us - the calendar that starts with the day our lives changed forever: diagnosis day, April 15th...

But today is a good day. The sun is shining and soccer practice will be a little more pleasant tonight. I spent my day meeting with book publishers in the Twin Cities. My head is spinning a bit and there are too many details to share right now, but the gist of it is, I believe I'm going to get the chance to tell Shannon's story - our story - by writing a book. I've got a lot to learn and I feel like I'm over my skis a bit, but I'm also confident I'm working with a group of people who who can help me. It's exciting and scary as hell. I hope I can do it justice...

So, getting this project going has been occupying my thoughts. So much so that I haven't done any preparations for the birthday sleepover we are hosting tomorrow night. (It shouldn't be called a birth day, it's more like we have been celebrating for the whole birth week!) I will need to be very productive tomorrow morning to get ready ... Erin has 5 pals coming over to make homemade pizzas and then have a cupcake decorating contest. Erin's favorite shows are Cake Boss, Cupcake Wars, Sweet Genius, etc. so that's the inspiration. Dan is threatening to play the role of the mean judge... It should be entertaining!

Friday, April 13th tomorrow... oh, my ...