Friday May 3, 2013

If you don't live in SE MN, you might not believe the day we had yesterday.  Unless you saw us on the Weather Channel.  Over a foot of snow fell.  On May 2nd.  Schools were closed due to weather.  On May 2nd.  It was the heaviest, wettest kind of snow, and trees and branches were snapping off.

Luckily, Dan made it home safely from his travels.  Then, he proceeded to try and kill himself by attempting to save our arborvitae - this involved him climbing a ladder and getting up on the roof to do some snow removal.  I had to bite my tongue and try really hard not to mother him...

So, we are hoping for warmer temps and a weekend of melting.  Not much on our agenda, except for one radio appearance.

I don't want this blog to become all about publicity for upcoming events.  The great thing about this venue has been that I can share whatever is on my mind.  A chance to release some of my anxiety over things by sharing it with you.  That's a good thing.

But now, so much of my mental energy is focused on these book events.  I don't know if you all will find these things interesting, but I guess I just need to have confidence that you are rooting for me - for us - and hope that you can feel a part of the upcoming interviews/readings/etc.  This is where our journey is headed.

I do feel driven by Shannon's memory.  This is her story.  I want her attitude and perseverance to inspire others.  But, in order for others to know the story, I have to promote it.  I guess the end justifies the means.

At the heart of it is that I'm self conscious about what's ahead:  "listen for me here" or "watch for me there" or "read about me in that".  When I say "me" I mean "us" - our family, our community.  This is about all of us.

So, with that caveat, tune in this weekend to here "me" on Medical Edge Radio with hosts Tracy McCray and Dr. Tom Shives!  Here's how:

Saturday, May 4th from 9-10am Central Time

In Rochester, tune into KROC AM 1340
KROC AM is also available on the I Heart Radio app
Or, you can stream it live here: http://radio.mayoclinic.org