Easter Sunday

Dan, Erin and I are looking forward to spending this day together.  Church, brunch, and a round of golf are on the agenda. That sounds good to all of us...

It has been a crazy busy week for everyone - and it's only going to get crazier.  So, a day at home - together - is just what we need.

Here's what's ahead:  between now and May 1st, Dan will sleep in his own bed three times.  During that time, Erin will have 4 golf meets and a weekend volleyball tournament in the Wisconsin Dells.  I will be there to help them both through this busy stretch.  It's what I do...

I have the time to help them, because my writing job has continued to be put on hold.  The WFMC sometimes works at a snails pace.  I definitely pulled the trigger too early in announcing that I was going to work...

But, it's going to happen.  This week I did get my photo taken for a Mayo Clinic ID tag and I even have business cards now, so that must mean I'm legit!

So, we are moving along.  Days like today that are wrapped in faith and religion are more difficult for us now.  Hard to accept "the miracle" when we wanted so badly to have a miracle of our own.  My thoughts about God and faith are sometimes murky.

But, the community of people who hold you up when you need it is what matters.  The shared experience of navigating pain and suffering and coming out the other side.  The human experience.

Happy Easter everyone.