Home Sweet Home

I am happy to report that we made it home yesterday from the hospital.  I was released yesterday afternoon, and I was able to sleep in my own bed last night.  OK, "sleep" may be a bit of a misnomer, but you know what I mean.  I'd still rather be getting up for pain meds at 4am on Willow Lane than at Methodist Hospital...

I feel a bit like I got hit by a truck this morning, but this is to be expected.  Things will get better in the days ahead.  I've got Dan making me food, Erin keeping me company and a couple of animals for entertainment.

My surgeon stopped by yesterday before I was released to let me know everything went very well with the procedure.  No incision necessary, he was able to do it the easy way.  ("Easy" being a relative term here!)  Now I just need to be gentle with myself for the next six weeks and let things on the inside heal.

Grateful it's done, grateful I'm home, let the healing begin...