Saturday July 16, 2011

The Shannon room remodel turned into quite a big project and had an offshoot project break out in Erin's room as well. It's consumed the last few days, but it's been really fun. We're hoping to put the finishing touches on them today...

Some good news, some bad for Shannon yesterday. First the good - the first round of maintenance chemo finished last night and Shannon's excited to have a few less pills to take. We'll see if the Temodar catches up with her next week, but so far so good. The bad news - her weight dropped 4 pounds this week and now she's got until her Tuesday weight re-check to put a few pounds back on or they will start her on another drug to stimulate her appetite. She does not want that and told Dr. Rodriguez, "I know I can eat more!" I feel a little responsible since I was a single parent while Dan was away last week. It seemed like we were eating plenty, but apparently I wasn't as diligent as I needed to be. Shannon's appetite is a tricky thing right now - she needs to eat even when she's not hungry. Basically, she needs to graze all day long ...

So as I write, she and Dan are at the grocery store loading up on food. Shannon's energy and attitude are good, so I'm hopeful that she'll put her mind to it and gain the weight back.